WHAT IS A NANOBUBBLE?
Rapid Water Technologies’ patent-pending generator enhances the natural characteristics of water by producing negatively charged Nanobubbles. Nanobubbles are nanoscopic (<200nm) bubbles of air or non-condensable gases suspended in liquid, and they carry remarkable properties with significant benefits. Nanobubbles are constantly moving in solution and can stay in suspension for weeks or months. This is known as Brownian Motion. The flow of nanobubbles helps destroy biofilm, removes existing deposits and disrupts future growth, leaving particulate to simply flow downstream for easy removal.
HOW IT WORKS
Watch this video overview to learn more about the science behind Rapid Water Technologies' patent-pending Nanobubble Generator. Third party researchers at Clemson University have verified its capacity to create 60-180 million nanobubbles/ml of water.
Biofilm plagues mechanical systems, decreasing their lifespan and making them less efficient. These are just some of the applications* for Rapid Water Technologies to install processors for biofilm removal.
- Open Condenser Water Systems
- Cooling Towers
- Closed Loop Hydronic Water Systems
- Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers
- Plate and Frame Heat Exchangers
- Water Used for Cleaning
- Pool Systems
*For recirculating systems only
BENEFITS OF BIOFILM REMOVAL
Even in well-maintained systems, the presence of biofilm can go undetected. At just 200 microns -- a virtually imperceptible level -- biofilm has a profound negative impact on the efficiency of heat transfer. During repeat applications of water that's been treated by a Rapid Water Technologies System, existing biofilm is removed. Even better, long term use of ensures that no new biofilm forms and mitigates further microbial growth.
How? Rapid Water Technologies changes the behavioral characteristics of water, making biofilm more soluble. Changes also include significant improvements in filtration properties, detergency, lubricity and rinsing. Additionally, in sanitation processes, using treated water will increase the efficacy of disinfection solutions.
Improves Heat Transfer
Extends Equipment Life & Lowers Costs
Reduces CIP Frequency
Makes Chemicals More Efficient
Printable PDF with Nanobubble Generator Installation Guidelines
- Determine flow rate and existing pump capabilities.
- Analyze increased pressure drop effect on system.
- Select appropriate generator and pipe sizing. See chart.
- Drain enough of the system to install tees and valves (see diagram below).
- Install properly sized generator and piping (full or side stream).
- Fill system.
- Start pump.
- Open generator isolation valves.
- Shut off by-pass or balance to proper flow rate through generator.
- Re-balance system, if necessary.
- Monitor system for proper operation.